AIME provides members with access to a range of preferred partners offering legal and regulatory support services on preferential terms:
Simmons & Simmons
Simmons & Simmons is a worldclass international law firm in tune with the business world. It has offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia. It is focussed on five sectors, one of which is the Telecoms, Media and Technology (TMT)Sector.
Through its TMT Sector focus Simmons & Simmons is able to provide TMT Sector specialist lawyers (mostly with in-house experience) covering the full range of legal services needed by TMT companies. Simmons & Simmons acts for start-ups, SMEs and large corporates.
Fees: Simmons & Simmons will work with AIME Members at fee levels reflective of available funds. It will offer AIME preferential hours rates (from £165 an hour) through to all other fee arrangements to suit AIME Member needs.
Additionally, Simmons & Simmons will provide:
– Members an initial free consultation of up to an hour.
– A legal “helpdesk” service for Members’ legal questions over the telephone on IT/telecoms commercial and regulatory matters, for a monthly fee.
– Free access to our Award Winning online legal service which includes the free, monthly Regulatory Roundup covering all new law, regulation and policy relevant to TMT in the UK.
Simmons & Simmons LLP
DD + 44 20 7825 3603
M + 44 7770 923 546
Simmons & Simmons LLP
DD + 44 20 7825 2080
M +44 7725 222797
Dentons is a client-focused international legal practice delivering quality and value. We serve clients in key business and financial centres from more than 60 locations in 43 countries across the UK, US, Europe, the Middle East, Russia and the CIS, Asia Pacific and Africa. The firm has a particular focus on Technology, Media and Telecoms and includes specialists who cover the full range of legal service needs of companies in that sector.
Alex Haffner, a senior associate in Dentons London office is AIME’s main point of contact. Alex is a regulatory and commercial lawyer with significant experience representing companies across the value chain in their dealings with the regulatory authorities, in particular PhonepayPlus and Ofcom.
Fees: Dentons offers AIME members preferential rates and will act on the basis of any appropriate fee arrangement which is suitable to an individual member’s particular financial circumstances.
Additionally, Dentons provides members with:
– A free initial consultation of up to one hour to discuss their legal issues;
– Free access to Regulatory Guides setting out, in practical terms, the key aspects of particular areas of the law which members need to be aware of
– A telephone “hotline” service offering free advice for quick legal queries (with any further time charged at the preferential member rates mentioned above).
AIME also works regularly with the following industry regulatory specialists:
Strategic Brief Limited
Strategic Brief is a commercial management and legal consultancy working pro-actively within the mobile and telecommunications industry.
– Use of eMoney for the purchasing of goods using mobile
– Commercial Management and Legal Services, particularly concerning premium rate services, PhonepayPlus, FCA and other relevant regulators.
– Privacy and data protection
– Commercial contracting
– Mobile Payments, premium rate services Implementation and regulation
Clients include telecommunications service providers, Internet service providers, mobile content providers, corporate enterprise. Working in UK and other significant European territories and South Africa.
Contact: Sally Weatherall
Enarpee are the experts in regulatory, audits and compliance advice for the Premium Telecommunications and Interactive Media Services industry.
Combining extensive practical, business and commercial experience with just the right mix of Regulatory & Compliance expertise including Ofcom, PhonepayPlus (PPP), ASA and other general law.
Enarpee are able to assist AIME members on ad hoc projects, or offer a consultancy package, providing a high level of support as and when required in the UK, Irish, European, Nordic, Australian, South/East African, North & South American markets . This includes :
– Product/Service Audits
– Product Testing
– Legal Advice
– Copy Advice and Terms & Conditions
– Crisis Management
– Staff Training
– Compliance Advice and Pre Clearance
– Refunds Management
– Compliance Representation
– Telecoms & Gaming Regulatory Service
– Broadcast Support
– Partner Introductions
Enarpee offers AIME Members:
– Up to 30 min free introductory session
– 20% off Enarpee standard rates for further work