The AIME Charge to Mobile Working Group is a very well attended and active working group; originally formed as the Payforit Working Group in 2010, it extended its remit after 2014 to encompass the growth and development of the whole category of “Charge to Mobile”.
The Charge to Mobile Working Group continues to be a consulting partner to the Payforit Management Group providing feedback on development of the cross operator payment scheme as part of its activities.
The working group participants are made up from mobile operators and connected payment intermediaries / aggregators with occasional presence from key merchants. The Working Group objective is to identify and resolve the barriers to growth, collaborate on areas that can provide growth through new products for consumers, identify common goals and opportunities and utilise resources available to realise those goals.
The Charge to Mobile Group focuses widely on the overall charge to mobile billing capabilities including Voice Shortcodes, Text Shortcodes and Direct Operator Billing, assessing market opportunities and collaborating with members involved in the group to remove barriers to market growth and resolving identified consumer issues.
- Continue to support and develop the Charge to Mobile micropayment sector
- 2013 - Payforit Working Group support release of Payforit 4.1 including In-App charging and Enhanced Single Click
- 2012 - Payforit Working Group supports launch of Payforit V.4 & development of 4.1(In-App billing)
- 2011 - Business proposal for Higher Rate Premium Rate Services submitted to Ofcom and agreed industry consultation target Q1 2012
- 2011 - Research into perceived Payforit transaction drop off - used to deliver higher conversion rate + education around transparency & simplicity of consumer payment journey
- November 2016 - Charge to Mobile meeting notesMeeting notes from November 2016 meeting Charge to Mobile
- May 2016 - Charge to Mobile meeting notesMeeting notes from May 2016 meeting Charge to Mobile
- March 2016 - Charge to Mobile PresentationPresentation deck from Charge to Mobile Working Group meeting 22nd March 2016
- March 2016 - Charge to Mobile Payforit PaperProposed changes to Payforit 5.2 paper
- January 2016 - Charge to Mobile Jan 16 meeting-notesDraft Meeting notes from January 2016 Charge to Mobile Working Group
- March 2015 - Charge to Mobile Draft meeting-notes 2560Draft Meeting notes from Charging to Mobile working Group
- November 2014 - Charge to Mobile Draft meeting-notes 2558Draft Meeting notes from Charge to Mobile Working Group
- March 2014 - Charge to Mobile Notes March 2014
- February 2014 - Charge To Mobile Meeting January 2014