The activities of the Charity Text working group are focused primarily around resolving any issues with Charity Text via short code ranges, growing Society Lottery services, examining charity call center activities and assisting technology and fundraising companies.
Under discussions are a range of topics such as the use of unique short code range for society lotteries to maximize VAT exemption, AIMEs work with EU on donation value thresholds and changing the regulatory requirements for regular giving by text.
CTAG comprises of Society Lottery Managers, Donation Enabling companies, Campaign Management companies and Aggregators.
Although this group has a different remit to the Broadcast Charity working group, there may be mutual benefits from the output of each.
- To discuss with EU Ministers on the Payment Services Directive (PSD) on proposals which may have detrimental effect on the development of ecommerce in the EU.
- To create a new short code range to enable VAT exemption for payments made to society lotteries
- To work with the Premium Rate Regulator to ensure changes to regular donation rules are discussed to maximise donation longevity
- To create a guideline that enables Best Practice when promoting text donation
- 12/01/17 - CTAG PresentationCTAG Presentation from 12th Jan 2017 meeting
- 01/10/16 - CTAG MeetingMeeting summary notes from Sept 2016
- 24/05/16 - CTAG Meeting NotesMeeting notes and actions from May 2016
- 5/11/15 - CTAG Meeting NotesMeeting notes and actions from September 2015
- 28 April 2015 - CTAG Draft Meeting NotesFirst meeting from the joint MDA and AIME Charity Text Action Group in April 2015