Building trust and confidence with consumers is key to running successful interactive broadcast services. The AIME Interactive Broadcast forum was established in November 2007 to address pricing transparency for consumers and continues to meet on a regular basis with the objective of driving growth in the interactive broadcast market in a responsible manner.
Recent key projects have included business case authoring for Voice Short Code use in broadcast, as well as a number of research reports and best practice guides including the comprehensive AIME Participation TV Guide.
Recent activity in 2014 has been the formation of the sub-group, the AIME Charity Working Group and the development of changes to the on screen and radio call-to-action that will become effective in mid-2015
- Continue to improve Tariff Transparency
- Introduce new technology and commercial opportunities to the working group sessions
- 2008 - Best Practice Guidelines for Participation TV services using Mobile shortcode text and voice services introduced. Signed up to by main UK broadcasters.
- 2011 - Successfully re-introduced SMS services for PTV
- 2012 - AIME Members BBC and ITV launch Voice Shortcodes for voting participation on “The Voice” and “Britain’s got Talent
- 2012 - Framework agreement with Ofcom & Industry to enable use of Voice Short Codes in broadcast – improving price transparency
- 2012 - Publication of PTV Best Practice Guide using Social Media Promotions
- December 2014 - AIME / Ofcom Unbundling Readiness WorkshopJoint AIME and Ofcom organised workshop to examine broadcasters readiness for unbundling and to discuss any transitional arrangements for shows that overlap the changeover date
- February 2014 - IBF Meeting February 2014
- May 2013 - IBF Meeting May 2013-Guest Speaker James Hanscomb, Weve -VSC payouts, Channel Islands -Voting Evolution – free vs paid; Apps -Second Screen – potential for market growth -AIME Best Practice Guide Update -Research – sub-group feedback -Regulation / Consultation update
Sorry, There are no upcoming events